Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Little Tiny Food Show Post

My friend Keith, who works as a salesman for one of the large food suppliers that I buy from, had been after me to go to this small food show that his company was putting on at one of the country clubs. I hadn't ever been to a food show, but I really didn't want to go. Every once in a while the sales reps from the suppliers come around to take our order with a stranger in tow, the stranger is always some other sales rep from some other company who is trying to push more product in this area.

They are always pushing something I don't need.

Chicken wing sauce...
I don't serve chicken wings.
Well, it goes great on bread sticks...
We make our own sauce for bread sticks.

and

Par-baked bread...
We bake our own bread.

and

Precious little frozen cheesecakes with fancy paper wrapping, just pull a few from the freezer every day...
We make our own desserts, including cheesecake...

...and that is pretty much how the food show was, a bunch of vendors pushing pre-made goodies, and golfers wandering around making a free meal of the samples. I saw nothing of interest except the produce, some of it looked good. But, Keith had a good number of clients show up and that looks good to his bosses.

While I was there I ran over a golf tee and got a flat.

2 comments:

John Going Gently said...

there is nothing worse than a pushy rep...

I could drown them all in a large bucket of cold water

Eric said...

Proof, yet again, that no good deed goes unpunished.