Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well, most of west Texas is out on spring break now so we’ve been pretty busy since Friday, which couldn’t have happened at a better time, things were getting pretty damned tight there for a while. Of course, two coolers are acting up now, so some of the money will surely be going there instead of the bank where I need it.
The new restaurant is a go, I asked the health inspector to do a pre-inspection so we would know exactly what we were in for before signing a lease and it turned out better than expected, much better.
We’re shooting for a May 1 opening, so lots of stuff to do in a short time. We tested another recipe the other day, this time for Chicken Lime Soup, garnished with cilantro, avocado, fried tortilla strips, and lime and it was very good. I think we’ll bump the spice up next time and finish the soup with a touch of heavy cream and it should be excellent. I'll try to remember a camera next time so that I can get some pics of the food up.
Well, my Sunday morning beer is gone and the cooks are starting to get backed up, so off my ass and onto the line. Hope everyone’s having a good weekend!

No comments: